Thesis Cites Tao

I was happy to hear that Bjarte Malmedal's thesis for his Master of Science in Information Security cites network security monitoring theory from my first book The Tao of Network Security Monitoring: Beyond Intrusion Detection. Bjarte cites my work to justify why a single packet inspection and collection tool or system does not sufficiently provide security awareness. His thesis, Using Netflows for Slow Port Scan Detection, argues that Argus session records can be used to detect stealthy reconnaissance. (Thanks to Jeffrey 'jf' Lim for correcting my earlier version of this story.) This is not particularly new, as Tom Ptacek points out. I think my first book makes the same point. I just thought it was cool to see my work cited elsewhere. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics