Review of Nessus Network Auditing Posted

Amazon.com just posted my four star review of Nessus Network Auditing. It's been almost three months since my last book review. I hope to get several more done before the end of the year. It's tough when, as a reviewer, I actually try to read the books I critique. From my review:

"'Nessus Network Auditing' (NNA) is the definitive (and only) guide to the Nessus open source vulnerability assessment tool. I recommend all security professionals read this book. You may start as a Nessus user, but the book will help you become part of the Nessus community.

NNA features twelve contributors, but it doesn't suffer the fate of other books with similar high author counts. NNA manages to present fairly original material in each chapter, without a lot of overlap. I credit the lead authors and editors for keeping the contributors on track. They could have reduced the number of crashing printer stories, however. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics